Since our beginning in 2010, our focus has been on the complete development of the children and youth of Lago Vista. We especially want to provide opportunities for educational/career success and spiritual and character growth. Our weekly programs are designed to encourage the kids in these areas.
- One young man has been active in our programs for the last 5 years. He served on our Youth Leadership Team for several years. He is now an active leader in our neighborhood association. He has also worked for us as a math peer tutor for middle schoolers. We have also been able to encourage his academic pursuits through Graduation & Beyond. He is hoping to go to college for a degree in science.
- One of our 4th grade girls has attended our programs since kindergarten and is still actively involved. She also takes piano lessons from one of our volunteers. At Bible Club, she recently decided to become a follower of Jesus. She has been inviting other neighborhood kids to join in our programs. She is looking forward to being a part of the training in Youth Leadership Team next year.
- One young man on our current leadership team has grown up in our programs. He is increasingly becoming a servant leader during his middle school years. He recently made a commitment to follow the Lord and is growing in Christian character. He stated to us that he wants to do what we’re doing when he grows up!
- A middle school girl recently realized and celebrated one year of continuous participation on our leadership team. Her joy and enthusiasm is contagious to others. She has a heart for serving the elementary students. With our scholarships, she and six others attended a Christian summer camp.
- Another student in our Graduation and Beyond program received Lago Vista Neighbor’s first academic scholarship and has enrolled in the welding program at Front Range Community College.
- “This community is blessed with the work of Duncan and Laney. My kids have been provided a safe and nurturing environment after school and during the summer months. My son, Owen has had the opportunity to be a part of the Leadership Team and I have been a witness to his growth and confidence from this. He went to (Camp) IdRaHaJe this summer for a week by earning the tuition funds through services in the community. He has become a more confident and helpful young man. My daughter, Nicole received a lot of help with math homework last year. It took the homework battle out of our home and she worked diligently with the volunteers each week. She also has developed a fondness for music from the piano lessons offered by Miss Sandy. I never thought I’d see her confidence so high as she played piano during the Holiday and end of year concerts. Even if I am home before she is, she chooses Panther Club because she gets to play and socialize with her friends and eat yummy snacks…I wanted to share the impact Panther Club has had on our family.”