420 E. 57th Street, Loveland, CO 80538 Lots 133 and 135 (Kentucky Cul-de-sac)
Lago Vista Neighbor is an inspirational and growing after-school and summer experience for children and youth who live in Lago Vista Mobile Home Park, Loveland, Colorado. It has grown from a weekly after-school homework help group to a developing program that supports about 100 children and 50 youth each year. Through the vision and leadership of Duncan and Laney Howard, enthusiastic staff, and committed volunteers, participants receive educational assistance, Bible study, recreation, and social experiences. The generosity and commitment of local churches, government agencies, businesses, and community services have resulted in significant achievements for the Lago Vista children and youth.
- Indoor school-year and summer programs are held in two double-wide modular donated by the Thompson R2J School District.
- Outdoor activities take place on the field located behind Lot 135.
- Volunteer parking is permitted in the spaces in front of Lots 133, 134, and 135, and in the Kentucky and Missouri cul-de-sacs facing the street.
- Brief description of the Lago Vista Mobile Home Park:
- There are 300 trailers in this mobile home park
- It was founded in the 1960’s
- The park is owned by a couple in California. He visits briefly a couple times a year
- The park is currently managed by one of the residents. This is our 5th manager since 2011
- There are approximately 1200-1500 residents in the park
- There are approximately 100 elementary age children, most of whom attend Cottonwood Plains Elementary School
- There are about 50 middle school students who mostly attend LEMS and about 50 high school students, most of who attend LHS
- The park is a multi-ethnic neighborhood